Monday, February 13, 2012

cupid, i work in a restaurant, its nothing personal..

i hate valentines day.

a lot.

yes i know. typical single girl response; but before you sit there and roll your eyes, let me explain something to you. i hate valentines day for another reason.

don't get me wrong, i may or may not be a little hostile i don't have a "valentine" per say, but my hatred stems from a much  deeper, more complicated place...that place being where i work.

i love my job, i really do. i work with some crazy, but amazing people; not to mention the guest that come in on valentines day.

FOR EXAMPLE:

1. i work with this girl, she's great. i do however hate her boyfriend. every year right around valentines day he sends her flowers. not just your standard ,make every girl in the place vomit, roses. NO. he sends her these giant works of art that have to be fork lifted in. under normal circumstances i would only gag, and give a subtle eye roll but on this day the flower delivery man had AMAZING timing. he though it would be a good idea to come in, at 12:30...in the middle of our lunch rush and hand me the flowers. which then causes everyone within a 15 miles radius to ask me who sent me my beautiful atonement. flower man, you suck.
side note: i would also like to mention my two wonderful roommate are in relationships with men who like to
send flowers, so i get to spend tomorrow with florist of south charlotte.

2. apparently valentines day is the one day of the year men think they're creative. well men of the world, your creativity is a pain in my hostess butt. i hate to break it to you, but i am not impressed by your last minute Harris Teeter flower purchase that you so kindly (i wish there was a font for sarcasm) ask me to put on your table...along with a bottle of champagne you'd like pre-ordered...and have me put on your table...in ice...and the order of guacamole you'd like to pre-order and have me put on the table...oh and you'd like to sit in the corner table that seats six...for three hours.
sorry bro. this isn't burger king, and you can't have it your way.

3. valentines day has been the same day for a million years. the day DOES NOT CHANGE. so when you call me the night before and ask to get a table at 7:30 and my response is "we only have 5:30 and 8:45 available." please refrain from having this conversation with me
bro-"ok. well, what about 7?"
me- "No sir, i'm sorry all we have is 5:30 and 8:45"
bro- "what about 7:45."
me- "how about 8:45?"
bro- "no."...and hang up


now please, someone explain to me how your procrastination is my fault?




these are just a few of the, strictly, work related reasons this holiday is crap on a stick.
i have yet to mention chocolate covered strawberries are everywhere, and they are my one weakness...but i refuse to buy them...so if anyone i work with reads this, you should being me some tomorrow night, because i can't be rude and say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment